As I was grumbling about all of this, the song "This is the day the Lord has made" came into my head. It's an old hymn that I haven't sung in years. It was one of my favorites at camp. At camp, everything is great, fun and perfect. So of course you can sing with all conviction that "this is the day the Lord has made, I will be glad and rejoice in it".
Of course today I am struggling with the "I will be glad and rejoice in it". I do have so much to be thankful for, that I need to stop getting caught up in the daily battle. I need to rejoice in today, even if today sucks. I may not feel like Super Mom this week, but I can be thankful and rejoice in things that I take for granted.
Everyone's been posting their thankfulness lists this month. I truly am thankful, but just didn't feel like making my list. I really think it is important to make the list, knowing that the list will never be complete. Things that are frustrating now, may just be something we are thankful for next year.
So here are just a few of my things I am thankful for. I will rejoice in these things. God made this day, and I may not like how things go, but he's made this day for me!!
- I am thankful that my kids are good students. I am thankful for their caring teachers and staff at their school.
- I am thankful for power. Thankful that I have heat and food and all the modern convinences.
- I am thankful for a husband who makes so many sacrifices for our family.
- I am thankful for my extended family and how much they help me out.
- I am thankful for the technology and surgeon that were able to fix my genetic hearing loss.
- I am thankful for the soldiers and their families who make great sacrifices for our country.
- I am thankful for my church and the freedom to worship as I please.
- I am thankful for my friends who are there to lend and ear when needed.
- I am thankful that God is not finished with me yet. He's teaching me every day, and while I may not like the lessons, he knows what's best for me.