Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer Job

Nate has been mowing our lawn for the last two years. He doesn't always do the best job, but he's getting better. This spring, when my Grandpa passed away, there was talk of hiring a lawn care company to mow the lawn for Grandma. I told them Nate could do it, for way less! I'm over there every week to work in the garden, so it has worked out great. Nate was shown how Grandpa liked the yard, and has been expected to do it right, or do it over.
It's been a great learning experience for him. He has been very responsible and has done a great job. We talked about how if he does good work, others may want to hire him also. He is saving some of his money for Fair week, and the rest for a Wii game.
I am a firm believer in teaching kids life skills. They need to learn these skills before they leave home. They need to take on responsibilities, and suffer the consequences if they don't follow through.
Pretty proud of my kiddo!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Snow Mommy, I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award.

Read my post for the rest of the story!

http://vintageboomer.blogspot.com/2012/07/versatile-blogger-award.html

Unknown said...

Hi there!

New follower here from the Vintage Boomer who nominated you for The Versatile Award. Looking forward to following your future posts.

xo,

Allison
http://barretts1234.blogspot.com/