Saturday, June 9, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

May was just a little crazy around here. I was pretty much in survival mode. I was working every day, and trying to keep up with every day stuff, with Dan gone the whole time. He was due back by Memorial Day weekend, but that didn't happen. We were supposed to go camping at the river (it's tradition!), but by that week, I didn't have the time or energy to get the trailer cleaned up and packed. I had decided to just go up for the day, and not camp.
Poppa Wayne heard my plan and pretty much told me to get my butt in gear and get the trailer packed. The other challenge was that Dan's truck was in Seattle, so we didn't have anything to pull the trailer. My brother in law, David came to our rescue, and with Poppa's help, we got the trailer to the river.
We were so lucky to have a beautiful weekend (until Monday morning), and of course we had a great weekend. The kids flew kites and played hide and seek in the dark. My 3 year old nephew, Firefighter Jack-Jack, tried to drive the motor home. Lily complained that the river was too cold, and too rocky (isn't that the definition of a river?).





A big thanks to my family for helping out, and making memories!!

No comments: