Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Day of School




It's the first day of school for the kids. Hip Hip Horray! (Sorry, I'm just a little excited!!) Lily was super excited and literally ran all the way to her classroom. Nate and I stopped along the way to say hi to a few people, and by the time we got to Lily's classroom, she had all of her stuff put away and was playing traffic director, pointing other kid's to their desks. I gave her a hug and said goodbye, and she could care less that I was leaving.
Nate was Joe Cool and played it calm. He said goodbye in a "Yah, whatever" kind of way. I have to say that I'm glad that they are enthusiastic about school. (Nate's just too cool to admit it).
I am amazed at how fast the last few years have gone by. It seems like yesterday that Nate was starting Kindergarten, and Lily was crying as we walked out the door because she wanted to go to school too. Now I have a 4th grader and a 1st grader. I got the giggles as I walked out the door this morning because there was a little boy crying about leaving his big brother at school. Time may fly.......but I don't miss those days!

1 comment:

DJan said...

Yes, Holly, time does fly by. Your kids are really beautiful, and I am so happy to visit some kids who are excited about school again... thanks for the beautiful pictures.