Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mocha Maniac

Hi my name is Holly and I am addicted to mochas.

It all started when I was working at the Country Place at the ripe age of 13. I was always cold, and the only thing that helped keep me warm was coffee. From there it progressed to a daily addiction to mochas. I had my own little espresso machine, and would make my own in the morning. At times coffee would get me by, but I loved mochas. When we moved to Mt. Vernon almost 8 years ago, we lived close to a Costco. It's then and there that my mocha frappe addiction started. Mocha frappe is a can of instant mocha mix that I must have two cups minimum a day. I've tried other mocha mixes, even came up with a homemade mix, but nothing compares.

Then the unthinkable happens. This past May the mocha frappe disappeared from Costco. At first I got online and tried to find the magic mocha frappe mix. I found some on Amazon, but it was double the price, plus shipping. So I tried the new mix that Costco had. I didn't like it at all. But knowing that I may not have any other choice, I stuck with the mix for a whole week, hoping I might be able to live with it. The problem was I was a mess all week. I snapped at the kids, was not very nice to my hubby, and was blaming a lousy week on hormones. By the end of the week, I started drinking regular coffee, and gave up on the new mix. Two weeks later, trying to decide what to do with this open can that I won't drink, I read on the side, 99.7% caffeine free. What!?!?!?! I was having caffeine withdrawals for the week, and was blaming it on hormones! It proves how powerful my addiction is.

Last Sunday, I got the phone call. A dear friend, who knows how much I love my mocha frappe, called and said that Costco has it back. I about dropped the phone to do a happy dance. If I hadn't just got home from town, I would have run back to get some. So today, between classes, I rushed to Costco and bought 4 cans of mocha frappe. Oh Happy Day!

I'm a happy camper now. Hopefully my husband thinks I am more toleralble, and my children forgive me for being a bear. At least now they won't admit me to rehab for my mocha addiction.

1 comment:

Love my babes said...

I remember that week. I am happy you are back on the mocha track. I however was addicted to Wild Cherry Pepsi and decided that the psorphic acid wasn't worth it for me. It is used in toilet cleaner. So I am using that as incentive to not crave it. I broke down the other day and had one and it just didn't taste as good. Enjoy your mocha it is better for you than Pepsi.
Love,
Amy