Thursday, May 20, 2010

Can you hear me now?

So I am 8 days post op. I'm feeling much better, besides being tired and dizzy. I still can't hear from the ear that had surgery, and my other ear is at 50%. I got a phone call from my Grandpa the other night and the first words out of his mouth were, "Can you hear me now?". No, Grandpa, I can't hear you now. I'm getting very impatient, only because I don't like to sit and wait. I would rather be up and around doing everything, and right now I can't. I don't trust myself to drive yet, because of the dizziness.

Dan has been a good sport since surgery. When he puts the drops in my ears, he gets out his headlamp flashlight to see better. I give him a thumbs up when I can hear what he said to me. He cooked and took care of the kids the whole first week, letting me rest as much as I could. Most of the first week, food didn't smell, taste, or sound good. Dan would bring me a plate of food, then stand there and wait for me to spit it out, or refuse it from just the smell.

My family has been great. A big thank you to Katie, who brought dinner one night. Also thanks to my Mother in Law who "babysat" me last Saturday when Dan brought the kids to a church BBQ. My Mom and sister keep checking in and making sure I'm taking it easy.

So thank you everyone for the prayers. I'm still praying that my hearing will be fully restored. I was told that it takes about 10 days to fully hear again, so I just need patience for a few more days!

No comments: