Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lily's Pierced Ears


Lily has to plan and think everything through (I have NO idea where she gets that from). A couple weeks ago she came to me and asked how much it hurt to get your ears pierced. She has to know what she is getting into before she commits to anything. I told her it would pinch and hurt, but then be fine. She thought about it for a day, and came back and said she wanted to get her ears pierced. I was a little surprised, and not sure I was ready for that. But since her birthday was soon, I told her we could do it on her birthday. I figured this would give her time to change her mind. She held true and told everyone she was going to get her ears pierced on her birthday.

So yesterday after school I took her to the mall. She picked out cute pink daisy earrings. I wanted two people available so that they could do both ears at once. The store only had one person working, so I just prayed Lily would not freak out after the first ear!

Lily got a little nervous as she was sitting in the chair waiting for the poke. They had a teddy bear available to squeeze, so she held on tight to that bear. The gal gave a one, two, and pierced on three. Lily said, "Ow", and that was it. She said it hurt, but gave a big smile when we gave her the mirror to see the earring. She held still, and didn't even say a thing after the second ear was done. I am so proud of how brave she was, and how well she took it. We even had strangers that were watching comment on how well Lily did.

She loves her earrings, and knows they have to be cleaned three times a day. She bugged me first thing this morning to clean her ears.

I can't believe how fast she grew up overnight! My baby girl isn't a little anymore!

No comments: