- Stock up on yogurt and gummy bears. They will be the only things that taste good for the first 3 days post op.
- Hide the big blue ball. Otherwise, the kids will bounce on it right in front of you, sending your head spinning.
- Don't plan on driving for at least 10 days. Shop for groceries accordingly.
- If you sleep on your good ear, you will NOT hear the alarm, phone, kids, hubby.......this can be good and bad!
- Go over the rules with the kids about NOT opening the door for anyone that shows up at the door.
- Don't try to bake until you have regained hearing. Otherwise you will burn the cookies because you can't hear the timer go off!
- Sometimes the ringing is in your ear, sometimes it's the phone. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.
- Don't take the applesauce the nurse offers you post op. You WILL puke it up immediately.
- Ask for more anti-nausea meds before leaving the surgery center. Otherwise the ride home will not be fun.
- Schedule surgery in the early morning. Fasting sucks!
- Shave your legs before surgery. Don't expect to do so again for at least a week.
- Don't try to watch TV with closed captioning. The words go by to fast and they make you dizzy.
- Try not to be too bossy to the hubby......and just don't go into the kitchen. It's just better to not know!
Friday, May 21, 2010
Things to remember before the next surgery...
I'm writing this post to myself. I will have surgery on my right ear this summer, and I need to remember some of these important things.