Monday, June 8, 2009

Holly should be doing homework......

Yes, I should be doing homework instead of blogging. But something has been in the back of my head for the last few days, and I had to get it out. Last week my friends were posting one of those quizes on facebook. It had 50 questions that they answered and forwarded to friends. I found out that most of my friends are not taking vitamins every day. I feel strongly about this, but instead of giving a lecture, I'll give my reasons for taking a multi-vitamin every day.

  • As a teenager I had horrible cramps during my periods. I would be in bed the first day and ingested a LOT of ibuprofen. After taking a daily multi-vitamin, I don't have cramps anymore. None, nada, zip, zero.
  • I used to catch every cold and flu bug around. Now I get sick about once a year.
  • Having kids means having germs. I need all the help I can get to not catch everything they come home with.
  • Lets face it, it's hard to get your daily requirements of all the vitamins and minerals that you need. I feel better knowing that my multi-vitamin is covering where I am lacking.
  • Although my nails are weak, I actually have nails now.
  • I had healthy babies! Studies say that you need certain amounts of folic acid before and during pregnancy. I like to think that I had a head start for healthy babies by taking my vitamins for years before having children.
  • As a teenager I occasionally passed out in the shower. My parents had me tested for everything from seizures to epilepsy, and the doctors found nothing. When I was pregnant, I was told that I was borderline anemic. I make sure that my daily vitamin has the required amount of iron.
  • I want to live a long, healthy life, so that I can bore my grandchildren with my blogs about vitamins!

No comments: