Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Spring Cleaning, a little early

Last month I bought a Kirby. Yes, I feel old now. We have finally come to the conclusion that any future purchased must be things that will last. We are past the "small children break and destroy EVERYTHING" stage, and are tired of buying things that need to be replaced within a few years. So along came a Kirby salesperson, and I was sold. The first day I vacuumed the cedar beams on our ceiling that were nasty! I have always left that job for Dan (because I am too short) and it rarely gets cleaned. Now with my new Kirby attachments, I can clean my ceilings, which need it BADLY!

So the last few weeks I have been trying to get things cleaned that have never been cleaned. I know this sounds like I am a horrible housewife, but I am just bad at deep cleaning. I do laundry every single day, and dishes, and almost always have cookies on hand......but HATE doing the big stuff.

Today I found out that the stones behind my fireplace where covered in cob webs. It was one of those things you don't see until you are up close (good thing and bad thing-I didn't notice it, and hopefully nobody else did too!). My Kirby and I sucked up all the cob webs and dust off the rocks. Now I am on to the ceiling in the kitchen. Unfortunately, this is very noticeable, and I have been needing to do it for awhile. The STUPID popcorn ceilings in this house suck, or more appropriately, they suck up the cobwebs and dust.

With any luck, I will actually finish my spring cleaning.......by the end of spring!

No comments: