Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tasty Tuesdays and Post #400!

Wow, it's my 400th post! I can't believe it! I feel like it should be an important post, but all I have for you is Tasty Tuesdays. Maybe I should start planning now for 500.

Ok, so today's Tasty Tuesday is a great soup recipe. If you love Italian food (like me) you will love this simple soup. I found the recipe from my Taste of Home Healthy Cooking magazine. Of course I added garlic to it (because I LOVE garlic). If you are looking for great new recipes, check out this magazine. I love the simple recipes that do not taste like they are "diet" or "healthy" foods. Enjoy!

Sausage Pizza Soup

1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
1 med. zucchini, sliced
1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
1 small onion, diced
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
1 cup water
1 cup chicken broth
1 tsp dried basil,
1/2 tsp pepper

In large saucepan, cook the sausage, zucchini, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat until meal is no longer pink, drain. Add the tomatoes, water, broth, and seasonings. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.

No comments: