Friday, June 18, 2010

Questioning my sanity

We have had yucky weather lately. I have been letting the kids watch far too much TV, but it's just been too wet and cold to play outside much. The few days we have had sun, I force us all outside. Mother's Day weekend was beautiful, and we hit 6 parks in 3 days.

Today I was watching my two nephews, and the sun was out. I decided that it was a no TV and computer day. The kids were going to (shocker!!) have to entertain themselves. The first hour was glorious. They played in the sandbox, no fighting, no complaints......I was giving myself a pat on the back. I should have know it was too good to be true. Right after I gave them permission to fill the water guns, the phone rang. (I apologize to my friend who had to hear this conversation!). This is what she hears as she's trying to ask me Scentsy questions.

"Don't squirt each other, you don't have extra clothes!".
"No, you may not have water balloons".
"Leave him alone".
"Stop, I said STOP".
"No, you may not have water balloons".
"Don't throw the Frisbee on the......well, it's gone now, find something else to play with".
"No, you may not have water balloons".
"I don't think so, don't even try".
"That's not a good idea".
"NO, for the 4th time, you may not have water balloons".

After that, I got off the phone, and realized that it was going to be a LONG day. The best quote of the day came later when they were shooting Nerf guns. They had been told not to shoot at others, but maybe I should have been more specific....."Do not shoot your brother in the privates".

I did hold true to the no TV and computer today. The kids had a fun day, but I'm ready for bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand about the too much TV when it's yucky. Good for you for sticking to your guns! I will most likely be at church tomorrow at 10am. We usually get there around 9:30 so I can get a coffee. I'll let you know for sure if we are going tonight on Facebook and see if you are going so I can get my fun and yummy smelly stuff from you! Thanks and I'm sorry for making you wait!
Carolina