Monday, June 28, 2010

Sugar trail

The kids and I made a trip to Costco today. I have been busy making jam and was completely out of sugar. We picked up two bags of sugar (among other things) and kept shopping. What we didn't know was that one of the bags had a hole in it. Now, picture this. My 9 year old is pushing the cart. He's trying to keep up with me, who is trying to get in and out of Costco as fast as I can. Picture a very crowded store, where you must weave in and out of people. Now picture a very frustrated Costco employee (who had just swept the floor!!) who follows the trail of sugar to find us almost at the checkout. We look back to see our path throughout the whole store, left in sugar. The frustrated Costco employee takes the broken bag of sugar and just gives me this helpless look. I told him we would go get another bag, and quickly got out of his way. I wish I could have taken a picture of the trail of sugar. It was hilarious. Of course, it's only humorous if you are not the one cleaning up the sugar trail!

No comments: