Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tasty Tuesdays

Wow, it's been forever since I have done Tasty Tuesdays. It's been a crazy holiday season with me hosting Thanksgiving, two Christmas's and New Years. Things are settling back to normal, finally!

Yesterday I went to help out my sister in law Tiffani who was having one of her poop/pee everywhere kind of days. Click HERE to read her blog. I grabbed a freezer meal on my way out the door, and we heated it up for lunch. My niece Emma was asking what was in it and Tiffani called the pasta sticks. Then I told her that there were leaves (spinach) in it too. We ended up naming the dish Sticks, Leaves and Cheese. It's pretty tasty!


Sticks, Leaves and Cheese

2 (10 0z) packages frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
15 oz container cottage cheese
3 eggs, beaten
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
16 oz package penne pasta, cooked
26 oz jar spaghetti sauce
2 tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper
16 oz shredded mozzarella cheese

Combine spinach, cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan, salt and pepper, set aside. Combine pasta with spaghetti sauce and oregano, place half of the pasta mix in an ungreased 9x 13 pan. Layer with spinach mixture and half the mozzarella. Add remaining pasta and top with mozzarella. Cover with foil and bak at 375 for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake another 10 minutes. Serves 6-8

To use as a freezer meal, cook as directed, then cover and freeze. Thaw frozen meal, then reheat at 375 for 30 minutes.

No comments: