Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tasty Tuesdays!

Yikes, I almost forgot about Tasty Tuesdays! Here's a new recipe that I tried tonight. I love a good skillet meal that only takes one dish! I don't know if I was really hungry, or if this turned out really good. Either way, I ate a whole bowl of it. This one comes from Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking Magazine. I changed a few things (because I always do!), so here is the way I made it. Enjoy!

Chicken Orzo Skillet

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 tsp Mrs. Dash
1 small onion, diced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
2 cups fresh baby spinach
1 cup chicken broth
3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 cup shredded Italian blend cheese

Sprinkle chicken with Mrs. Dash, add to large skillet with olive oil and onion. Brown chicken, until no longer pink, add garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Add remaining ingredients (except cheese), cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until orzo is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.

No comments: