Sunday, September 19, 2010

Chili Debate

My friends have an annual Chili Cook Off and Pumpkin Carving party. Every family brings a chili and we vote on our favorites. A trophy goes to the winner and a boobie prize to the loser. It's tough competition, and trash talk goes on all year. I like to try new and interesting chili recipes, and have always been near the bottom. We have found that any vegetarian recipes will get you the boobie prize.

So here's my dilemma. I want to win. I would love to kick some butt. But at the same time I really want to try something new. I found an interesting recipe, but the veggie to meat ratio may not get me extra votes.  I have been doing research on chili cook offs and winning recipes. Did you know most of them don't have beans? Maybe that would be different enough (and would make all the meat eaters happy). Did you know there is an International Chili Society? That's serious stuff! So from now until the cook off next month, I will be testing recipes. Send me your best, and only the best. I plan to bring that trophy home this year!! Bring it!

No comments: