Thursday, September 23, 2010

Chili Update

Note to self: Stop putting habaneros in the chili!

This week I have tried two different recipes for chili. I really liked the first one, but the second wasn't bad, just not trophy worthy. I was the chili fairy, dropping off containers of chili at people's doorsteps, just to get rid of it all.

I had gotten some peppers from my Grandparent's garden. I thought they were sweet peppers. Wow, was I wrong. The first day, I put a whole habanero in the chili, and let's just say the chili was best with a BIG dollop of sour cream on it! The second recipes actually called for a habanero and two jalapenos. I cut back to half the habanero and one jalapeno. It was still pretty spicy.

While researching chili recipes online, I found a recipe for alligator chili. I posted the link on facebook, and got bunch of interesting comments. My friends down south said alligator isn't bad, and would make a good chili, as long as you don't over cook it. I had friends totally grossed out at the idea. I even found out how much it would cost to ship alligator meat. Not sure I want to pay $20 a pound plus overnight shipping. It's been fun to freak out my friends though. Our chili cookoff is a blind taste test, meaning nobody knows who made what. So even if they knew I made alligator chili, they wouldn't know which one it was until after they ate it. (Insert evil laugh).

I have one more recipe I want to try, but I think I need a chili break for the week.

No comments: