Thursday, February 12, 2009

Frame That Receipt

I was so proud of myself today. I had a $10 off coupon for JC Penny's and wanted to go check out their clearance racks. I was there a couple weeks ago, and got some great deals for the kids, but didn't look for anything for myself. I was shocked today to find racks that were $2.97!! I ended up with 7 tops, take away my coupon, and I paid $13.88. My receipt said that I saved $138. I am so proud, I want to frame my receipt! What, people don't frame their receipts? That would be weird? Hey, if you found a great bargain like that, you would be proud too!

6 comments:

Tiff said...

I say frame it! I still have the grocery reciept that said I paid $113 and saved $167. Oooh! We should start a business and market reciept frames, we can't be the only ones!

Congrats on the deals!

Tracie said...

I have a framed receipt right here in the office next to the computer from when I got gas at Safeway for $.88 per gallon back on December 11th. I love looking at it and smiling.

G

Love my babes said...

Ok, Gordon threw me on what I was going to say. $.88 a gallon! That is WAY cheaper than it got here. Frame it man!

Holly you are the queen of bargain shopping and what a great buy you had today. Wahoo!!!!

Snow Mommy said...

Glad that I'm not alone in my receipt pride!

Tracie said...

Yes indeed, $.88 per gallon. We saved our $.10 of per gallon bonuses for three months at Safeway from our grocery shopping, and ended up with $.80 off per gallon at the pump. I was so excited I just wanted to tell everyopne who would listen!!! LOL :-)


G

Anonymous said...

Okay, so you made me curious and I had to go to JCP myself. I found a great blue dress shirt and classy matching tie for Marty. He will probably get it for his birthday in August. Shirt was originally $36 and I got it for 6.97. Tie was reg. $29 and I got it for $4.97. See! Your Mom knows the tricks too! Besides....who do you think taught you?? And thanks for the $2 fleece jacket! Mom