Thursday, February 26, 2009

Snow day troubles

I couldn't sleep last night. I was freaked out that the kids would have a snow day, and I would still have class. I got up at my usual time and check the school's website, and school was canceled. The college said classes were running 2 hours late, and I had no idea what that meant for my 11:30am class. I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to driving in the snow, so I just figured I'd have to skip class. By 9am this morning, my instructor e-mailed the class saying it was canceled, yipee!! So we are home having a snow day.....but the satellite wasn't working this morning. I walked outside to make sure the wind didn't blow it away, or that it wasn't covered in snow. I played with buttons, turned it off and on, and still no TV. So, I tried what seems to work when things go wrong in this house, I unplugged it, and plugged it back in......alakazam....we have TV! I'm starting to think that the wiring in the house is kooky, and somehow it's messing with everything electronic. For instance, the celing fan in my bedroom is known it go off on it's own during the night. The light has even come on by itself in the middle of the night. So at least we have TV back, and maybe I can get homework done today? Now that would take some magic!

No comments: