Sunday, February 15, 2009

Romance in the air......

Dan and I have never done anything big for Valentine's Day. I don't like to go out that night and fight the crowds, and I don't want to buy things just to buy them. Being the man he is, he hadn't come up with anything by Friday night. I told him that I would be really happy if he got me a mocha in the morning along with a gift certificate. (The way to my heart is through Mocha's!!). So yesterday when I got out of the shower, there was a mocha and a gift certificate, and I was happy. Dan felt bad that he didn't do more (or come up with his own idea) so he offered to cook dinner. I picked appetizers since we love appetizers, and he is good at them. I pulled out the deep fryer, and helped cut up onions for onion rings. Let me back up and say that I hate the smell of the deep fryer. It stinks up the house for days, so we don't use it very often. So we were making onion rings, yam fries and chicken strips. The oil smelled horrible, and at one point Dan made it overflow. Oil was running all over the counter and on the floor. We got that mess cleaned up and started picking at the food, which wasn't great. The whole dinner tasted funky, so I made a salad and gave the dinner to the dogs. The whole house smelled like a nasty fast food place. I was putting extra smellys in my Scentsys, and spraying the house with Fabreeze. By the time I went to bed my stomach hurt. And this morning Dan was puking. What a lovely Valentine's day! The deep fryer is not allowed in the house anymore, and the oil got dumped out. Next time he offers to cook, we will go with BBQ, or pizza, or anything but the deep fryer.

1 comment:

Love my babes said...

I thought Shalisa won the chili or spaghetti cook off? Sorry your house smelled I agree deep fat friers are smelly. Have a great day!