Monday, February 23, 2009

Turkey Noodle Soup

I just finished a wonderful bowl of turkey noodle soup. I had to say that because yesterday I was asked why I would cook a whole turkey for just my family. Well, the first reason was because I was having my brother Marty and family over for dinner. Second was that leftover turkey is great, and I love turkey noodle soup. (Turkey and wild rice is right up there too!). I have to say that in our fast food society, people don't plan meals like they used to. My mom always made a roast on Sundays, and we had leftovers later in the week. It really is a great idea to think ahead and plan leftovers. I have to admit that I hate leftovers, but I love makeovers. So leftover turkey put into soup is a makeover. Sometimes I when I'm making a casserole, I double it to put the second one in the freezer. Or if I'm cooking chicken breasts for dinner, I cook a couple extra for later in the week. When Tiffani makes enchiladas, she makes a batch of 7 dishes....it's an all day chore, but will last her a couple months. So plan ahead, even for just one meal this week.

Tiffani.....don't forget to put the roast in the crock pot in the morning!!!

No comments: