Thursday, May 28, 2009

11 years ago.....


This is my wedding day, 11 years ago tomorrow. I was a young 21 years old that day. My hubby had just turned 23. Our honeymoon was a stay at a local condo while we tied up loose ends in our move to Oregon. Oh, and we put up hay for my mother in law. Seriously. I bucked bales on my honeymoon. On that day I vowed that we would go to Maui for our 10 year anniversary, which we did. Another crazy story about our wedding day was the photographer. He was a guy Dan knew and he was just starting his photography business (this should have been a big red flag). He wanted to make our pictures his examples to show other brides.(One of my pictures ended up in the phone book, kinda weird!). He came to my Mom's house before the wedding to get pictures of all of us girls. An hour into the pictures, I was climbing into my Dad's 55 Chevy Bel Air, and the photographer yells, "S***". He had forgotten to put film in the camera. We quick re-did some pictures of me and the bridesmaids, and rushed to the church. The whole rest of the day felt rushed, and we ended up re-doing some pictures the next day! So, on my wedding night, I had to be careful not to mess up my hair!!!!!
Dan is on the boat right now, so we will celebrate our anniversary when he gets home.
Happy Anniversary Honey, I love you!

4 comments:

Stephana said...

lol....that brings back ALOT of crazy memories!!!!! Happy Anniversary :)

Erin said...

And I almost posted one of your wedding pics on my Facebook page today, but I *have* been warned. ;)Happy Anniversary!

Tracie said...

You youngin's you! I waited until I was 22 to get married!! That was a long time ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love my babes said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!!! Can't wait till you are out of school and I can hear your voice. Also hope you have a hankering for Oregon soon:o)