Thursday, May 14, 2009

Who would I be if I were not me?

I have been totally stressed about school, homework, housework and the million other things I'm doing right now. My wonderful hubby keeps telling me to slow down and not do so much. My kids are complaining that I'm not keeping up with cookies (really!). Yesterday Lily asked if I had done laundry yet, and when I told her no, she said to me, "You need to get on that". No joke! This week is extra stressful because I volunteered myself on a couple projects. Yes, I should have listened to my hubby and not taken them on, but it's for family. Yes, I am making excuses. For me, I wouldn't feel right if I didn't help out family. I wouldn't feel like myself. Who would I be if I didn't do what I always do? Who would I be if I wasn't known for my baking? Who would I be if I gave up everything domestic and crafty? It's been hard balancing the different parts of me this year. The student in me that is working hard to graduate. The mom in me that wants to help in the kid's classes and bake brownies for every little party. The daughter and sister who wants to be there for the family. Who would I be if I took away all of those labels? I hope that underneath everything, I am a loving, caring child of God. I need to keep my eye on the big picture, and not stress over the little details (easier said than done!). Until then, pray that I will keep focus......and get everything done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't be prouder for who you are and what you do for all of us. Hang in there! It will get easier. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Amen to moms!!!!
Just like she said it will get easier!!
Stephana