Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tasty Tuesdays!

Since last Tuesday I posted a recipe, I thought I would try Tasty Tuesdays. I will post what we are having for dinner, and maybe some kitchen helpful hints. Because this is last minute, I'm posting something I already had typed up. I did make this a couple weeks ago. It's a great mix to have on hand for last minute dinners, camping and gifts. I make up this mix and put it in a bandanna and tie with twine. It's cute and the dinner kit is a hit. If you try this, post a reply with your thoughts! Good luck!

Texas Two Step Dinner

1.6 oz pkg. brown gravy mix

2 Tbsp chili powder

2 tsp dried oregano

1 tsp cumin

1 tsp dried, minced onion

1 tsp garlic salt

10-12 crushed tortilla chips

1 ¼ cup pasta wheels or 1/2 package veggie mac, wacky mac

Pour gravy mix and seasonings in a plastic zipper bag. Add chips and pasta. Attach instructions.


Add bag contents, and 7 cups water; bring to a boil. Add one can of chili with beans, or 1/2 pound ground beef.

Stir in 15 ounce can corn and 16 ounce can chopped tomatoes.

Reduce heat, cover and simmer 25 minutes.

Garnish with tortilla chips and cheese.
Serves 8

No comments: