Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Left to right-
Mom, me, Marty, Rob, Tiff, and Amy Jo

I have the best Mom in the world. Don't even try to fight me on this, I will win! Mom had 4 kids in 5 years (crazy). I can't even imagine how hard that was, in the days before disposable diapers! She made dinner almost every night, and almost always had cookies on hand (hmmm, wonder where I get that from?). She was cook, chauffeur and bottle washer, and worked on and off the farm. She was the cool Mom that went on field trips and all of our friends loved her. When I was in high school one of my favorite things to do was host breakfast. On special occasions like a birthday or Pajama day at school, Mom would get up early and cook breakfast for me and my friends. She would spend a couple of hours in her bathrobe flipping pancakes for hungry teenagers. For my sweet 16th birthday, Mom piled the van full of my friends and we went dessert hopping. We hit 4 different restaurants and only had dessert. Today, Mom is the most supportive of me going back to college. She watches Lily for me on Tuesdays so that I can go to class. She's up for a game of battleship or a tea party any day. I would be lost without her support, advice and friendship. I love you Mom, you are the best! Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful Mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Honey! Snif Sniff....I love you too. Mom