Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Play Dough Update

An update on the black play dough, it turned green. No joke! I swear that on Monday it was black, true dark black. Yesterday I pulled it out to show my brother, and it's dark green. Can anyone explain this to me, how did it turn green? Nate in his 8 year old wisdom thinks the air did it. Lily is just amazed and is worried that her teacher won't like it. I can't try another batch until I get more black food coloring, if half a bottle didn't work the first time, a whole bottle might work the second time.
People have requested my play dough recipe, so here it is, somebody try it and tell me if they got black!

Play Dough

3 cups flour
1 cup salt
4 tsp cream of tartar
1 3/4 cup boiling water
1/4 cup veg oil
2 packages kool aid (same color)

Mix dry ingredients. Add kool aid packets to boiling water, mix well, then add oil. Add wet mix to dry mix and stir until combined. Store in sealed plastic bag.

1 comment:

Love my babes said...

Have you tried the paste like you use for decorating a cake? They have it at the JoAnn here and that works for whatever color you use. I will try the playdoh recipe but don't know if I can do black until I get some dye. Hope Lily's teacher will find it acceptable.