Saturday, August 15, 2009

Back To School Shopping

I love to shop! I really have this strange competitive urge in me to find the best deals. I scored at JC Penney the other day, 8 items (jeans, 3 pairs shorts, 1 bra and 2 tee's) for $40!!! What is bugging me is that the kids are getting so big! The jeans I bought for Nate the other day are 10's and they just fit him now, which means they will be too small in about a month. On top of that, his feet are the same size as mine. He just turned 9!! And Lily is now in the girls section of clothing, not the little girls where you can still find clothes that are somewhat conservative. Now she's in the section where short skirts and Hannah Montana rule. This is scaring me. I have found that I love the kids clothes at the Children's Place and have found some great things online at Land's End. Anyone else find some deals on great clothes for back to school? Please leave a comment and share your secrets!

4 comments:

Stephana said...

If you don't mind the mess & clutter, go to Ross. They have some cute stuff for kids!

DJan said...

I gave up on Land's End once Sears took them over and suddenly all my pockets were two inches shorter and unusable. I don't have a need to find kid's clothes, but one of my favorite stores is REI, and they have a great kid's section. Not cheap, but high quality.

Tanya said...

I shop Old Navy most of the time. In fact, they just had all of their kid jeans for $10 and so many other items for $10. I love their "2 for" deals. I know how you feel about being out of the "little kid" section. Ethan is now in the boys section. I will no longer shop in the toddler section for any of my kids...it was a bittersweet moment yesterday as I realized he had officially "moved up".

Erin said...

I'll echo Tanya's comment. LOVE Old Navy, and just got a couple jeans & cargo pants there for Liam at $10, and a bunch of $4 t's for Sara. But my favorite, still, is consignment shops. Talk about a bargain...