Friday, August 21, 2009

Sleepovers

Lily and her BFF (best friend forever) have been bugging me for sleepovers all summer. Lily is very brave and I wasn't worried about her, but her little friend had never done a sleepover at a friend's house before. So last week I told them they could have a sleepover at our house. They were super excited and had a grand time.....until bedtime. I had a feeling that the BFF would not be brave enough for this, but was willing to play along until proven otherwise. As soon as I sent them to bed, the BFF started crying and asking for her Mom. I tried to talk her into going to sleep, and even layed down in bed with her, but the tears wouldn't stop. So at 9:30pm, I packed up all 3 kids and we drove her home. I was met at the door by her Mom, Dad and brother who had the funniest looks on their faces. It was a mix between, "oh boy", "oh no" and "what the heck is someone doing at my door this late". I had the giggles and quickly walked the BFF to the door and said goodnight. I don't blame the poor little girl, most 6 year olds are not ready for sleepovers other than Grandma's house. Lily is not most 6 years olds!

So last night it was Lily's turn. I think she told the whole world that she was having a sleepover. I talked to her about being brave and being polite. I even tried to tell her to go with the flow and not be bossy. I dropped her off with her backpack full of jammies, pillow, bear, blanket, toothbrush and a movie. A couple hours later I got a call from BFF's Mom. She asked if Lily HAD to have a bath, since Lily was insisting that she takes a bath EVERY night. I said Lily could skip a bath. She did great, I never got a phone call again, and she didn't end up at the door in the middle of the night. Her BFF didn't want her to leave this morning when I picked her up.

I guess Lily has proven again how brave she is. It's a bit sad that she doesn't need me as much anymore. My baby is growing up too fast!

1 comment:

Love my babes said...

It's bittersweet isn't it? YOu are glad they didn't cry but are sad in a way that they didn't. I am glad Lily had a great time:o)