Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tasty Tuesdays!

Welcome back to Tasty Tuesdays! Tonight I am going to a meeting and was asked to bring some sort of dessert. I love to bake, so this should be easy right? Actually, WRONG! Because I love to bake, it's hard for me to decide what to make. I have so many options, it's hard to choose. So, I finally decided on the most simple dessert that I learned from my Aunt Ruthi. One night a few years ago Ruthi came over for a coffee with the girls. She brought all the ingredients for this and assembled it at my house. It took just a couple minutes and we had a hot yummy dessert. My Mom makes these also, but puts her own twist to it, adding walnuts. I like the original the best, so why change it? This is great to do if you have unexpected visitors, or want a hot treat in a hurry. Enjoy!

Ruthi's Crescent Rolls

1 can crescent rolls
raspberry jam (or other jam of your choice)
mini chocolate chips
powdered sugar

Open the can of crescent rolls and lay out each perforated piece. Top each with a tablespoon of jam. Sprinkle a teaspoon of mini chocolate chips on top of the jam. Roll up dough into crescents. Bake at 375 for 8 minutes. After you take them out of the oven, sprinkle with powdered sugar.

No comments: