Thursday, August 20, 2009

Weapons from the fair

Monday the kids and I went to the fair. We met up with my brother Marty and his family, and my sister Amy. The kids had a blast on the rides and could care less about the animals or anything else.
Lily wasn't tall enough to do some of the rides by herself, but thankfully Nate was and they could ride together.
Of course they had to get their faces painted. Lily has a butterfly and Nate has a lizard. Lily's only lasted a couple hours because she rubbed her face.
It was a hot day and the lines were long everywhere we went. The kids look forward to the carnival games every year, and this year I told them that they had to save their money for games. That way they were limited to the money they brought with them. They understood, but wanted to do games right away. I had a backpack with me and figured they would win small prizes that could be carried around. WRONG! They won swords. And guess who had to carry those swords around for the rest of the day? Me! I caught on really quick and told them they couldn't play more games until the end of the day. So later in the day Lily won a big blow up hammer. While the kids rode the last couple rides of the day, I was left holding two swords and a hammer. Fun stuff.
All in all it was a great day. I knew it was time to head for home when Lily threw a fit and Nate didn't even want to stop for food because his feet hurt. I hope the rest of you get a chance to enjoy the fair this week. Just remember to do the games last!

No comments: