Monday, August 10, 2009

Nicknames

How is it that summer weekends are crammed full of activities? It seems like the summer pace gets faster and faster as we get into August. Between birthday's, anniversaries and summer BBQ's, we are running all over the county! Yesterday we had my Grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary party. It was fun to hang out with the family and the kids were excited to see their cousin John John. Poor kid, he's 12 now, and we still call him John John.......but you know it's tradition on the Dennison side of the family to have a nick name that you NEVER outgrow. Mine is Hob. Really. I was named after Holly Hobbie (so were my brother and sister Robby and Amy....long story why Marty got left out). Somehow my nickname got shortened to Hob, and that's what my aunts still call me. My oldest cousin Angela is Toad (a green pj is to blame for that one), Marty is Mart Mart, Ryon is Ry Ry, Rockell is Rockellybelly, Joell is Joellybelly.....and the list goes on. Seriously, we are all grown adults and we are still known by our childhood nicknames. So I am curious.....what nicknames did you get called by family when you were a child?

5 comments:

Tarah said...

I think we ALL know what happened to Mart!!! =) Love you man!
We don't need to discuss my nicknames...its ok, really we dont!
T

Snow Mommy said...

Ok Wannabe Stauffer!

Anonymous said...

You were always my Holly Dolly. Don't forget that one! And Ryon's name has on "o" in it. Not that he will ever read this... or will he? Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

P.S. Congratulations on your Mom's 9th Anniversary!!
Love you!

Tracie said...

Gordon.....

Gordi
Gordo
Gordonski
Ski
G


There may be others, but these are the ones I grew up with, and that are still in use today.


G