Thursday, August 6, 2009

Girlfriends

I am VERY grateful for my girlfriends. I would not be sane without them. I have a group of friends that I take once a year for girls night, and we have become a close nit group. What's funny is that we are all very different. Yet we all get along great. And not just the superficial great, the we tell each other everything and know it will be taken to the grave. I appreciate that I have friends I can vent to, but will also tell me if I need to get over it. And they will do this out of love.
Tonight was our monthly "Poker Night". Really, we have only played poker once, but it's just more the idea of getting together. Tonight there was only 4 of us, but it was nice to sit and chat.
I also have a group of friends that I acquired through my kids. These are my kid's friend's Mom's. They are a great bunch of women who are wonderful to my kids, and are there for me when I need them, and I return the favor when I can. I love that these women live close by and are game to go to coffee with me (even when I say we have to walk to the coffee shop!!).
I am a true believer that women need good friends, and need to take the time to hang out with those friends, especially Moms!
So thank you to my friends, I appreciate your love and support!