Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cookie Monsters

I have a family of cookie monsters. They LOVE cookies, and they expect to always have cookies around. The first thing that my Dad does when he walks into my kitchen is make a bee line for the cookie jar. If for some reason it's empty, he is shocked and tells me to get on it. Now, I do love to make cookies, but lately with school and all, we don't always have cookies on hand. Last week Nate said "Mom (with attitude), we are out of cookies." I replied, "Well, Duh (to give 3rd grade attitude back at him), I have been busy, and you eat too many cookies!" Of course I made cookies the next day, and with the help of company over the weekend, they were gone in 24 hours. Because I make so many cookies, I have found the fastest and easiest way to keep my cookie monsters happy. I can make a pan of cookie bars (including baking time) in less than a half hour. I make these cookie bars so often that Lily knows the recipe by heart. "First you need a stick of budda" say Lily. Here's the recipe so that you can feed any cookie monsters you may have.

Blondie Bars

1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips, or M&Ms (or both!)

Mix everything together and spread in a greased 9x 13 pan. Bake at 350 for 18 minutes. Cut into bars.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Love my babes said...

YOu have inspired me to make some cookies today. But I must warn you my butt is NOT happy w/you about it;o)