Friday, April 17, 2009

Not laughing now

I said before that I have a hard time not laughing at my kids when they are in trouble. Well....yesterday I was at Costco and was putting all my goodies in the back of the van when I noticed that Nate had drawn a monkey face on the back of the headrest in the van. I was furious! When he got home from school I gave him a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and told him to scrub. I knew that it wouldn't work, but I wanted him to get the idea that once you write on something with a pen, it won't come out. What's ironic about this, is that yesterday I posted the blog about children's art. Ok, so I do want my kids to be artistic, but NOT on the seats of my van. Dan tried to get the pen out with different cleaners and scrubbers, and nothing worked. Nate is not allowed to sit in the back by himself for the next month, and hopefully learned not to write on the van. Hopefully.

2 comments:

Love my babes said...

Such a bummer when the lessons they learn leave a permanent reminder. I found one of my kids used a color crayon on the arm rest in the back and that is where my older ones sit. Grrr....

Jenn said...

What? Wheres the picture? Just kidding! That is a big bummer. So hard to deal with lessons like that.