- Mom once scarificed a chocolate easter bunny at my house because she wanted to make chocolate chip cookies, and couldn't find my chocolate chips. Sad part about that is I am my mother's daughter and I had about 20 pounds of chocolate chips on hand!
- Mom buys holiday M&M's after each holiday,when they are 50% off, then separates the colors. Christmas ones are saved for Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's day. Easter candies are pastel and saved for baby showers......and the possibilities go on.
- For my wedding she made about 20 pounds of periwinkle chocolates, yes periwinkle!
- Mom knows what meat departments carry pink trays to match her pink and brown themed ribbons.
- Mom can be counted on for fudge at every Christmas gathering......Yep, Mom is here, I see her fudge.
- Mom loves a theme. She found a cute mug with dogs, then bought Scooby Doo crackers (shaped like dog bones) to dip in chocolate.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
I helped my Mom last night with her chocolate class for the Community College. It was a fun night, chocolates were made and eaten by all. During her talk about chocolate, we kept thinking of little things Mom does that are a bit quirky, but it's only because of her love for chocolate (and everything color coordinated!). Here are a few examples.