Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tasty Tuesday!

I am writing Tasty Tuesday on Sunday, and it feels weird. The kids and I are off to Eastern Oregon to visit my Dad and step mom, Marsha. (And see one of my good friend Amy.....she's kill me if I forgot her). In honor of Marsha, I'll give you one of her famous recipes. Last Friday I made this salad for the family b-day party. The next day at the parade my Grandpa pulls me aside and asks me about the cucumber salad he ate the night before. I told him I made it, and he laughed and said he knew I made it, and wanted me to know I could make it for him anytime. Thanks Grandpa, I'll try to remember that.


Marsha's Cucumber Salad

5 large cukes, sliced (peeled if you like)
1 small onion, sliced thinly
1 cup mayo
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup sugar

Mix the mayo, vinegar and sugar together. Toss with the cukes and onions. Chill for one hour before serving.

As always, if you try this out please leave a comment. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Love my babes said...

Thanks for the mention. I had fun today. I love that you post recipes and this one I can say I have made myself and it is tasty!!!