Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tasty Tuesdays!

Welcome back to Tasty Tuesdays. Sorry I missed last week, we were camping and did not have internet reception at that time. (Really, what's the point in paying Sprint money every month when the air card doesn't work?) Anyways..... I tried to pick raspberries today at my Grandparent's house, but it started to rain. In that line of thinking, I'll share one of my favorite bar recipes that includes raspberry jam.

Raspberry Crumb Bars

2 1/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
slivered almonds
1 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 10 oz jar raspberry jam
mini chocolate chips (optional)

Heat oven to 350. In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients. Beat at low speed until mixture is crumbly. Add chocolate chips here if wanted. Press crumb mixture on bottom of a greased 8 inch pan, reserve 1 1/2 cups. Spread jam over bottom layer in pan, then top with reserved mix. Bake for 40 minutes, cut into bars when cooled.

This recipe freezes well after baked. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Love my babes said...

Gonna have to print that one out. I am getting raspberries tomorrow. Yum Betty they will make delicious jam. I bow to the master.

Erin said...

One question - how much slivered almonds?

Snow Mommy said...

As much as you like Erin. I'm not a huge almond fan, so I add about 1/4 cup.