Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tasty Tuesdays!

I had an "Oh Crap" moment this morning when I realized it was Tuesday. What oh what do I post for Tasty Tuesdays? I'm a very practical person, and a seasonal cook. Today is going to be HOT, and there is no way I am going to make the house warmer by cooking. I'm not sure if Dan will by home in time to fire up the BBQ, so I may have to attempt it myself (notify the fire department that they need to be on standby!). Here's my idea for tonight, Hobo packets. Hobo packets can be done on the BBQ or over a fire pit. There really is no recipe, the idea is to use what you have. So, I have chicken that I need to use, so mine will start with chicken. I did Hobo packets at my Dad's and we used hamburger patties, potatoes and onions. So here is what you do. Place large pieces of foil on your counter, one for each person you are cooking for. Slice up potatoes thin and place about 1/2 cup on each piece of foil. Top with some sliced onion, maybe carrots, garlic or whatever else you think sounds good. Try to avoid things that will cook too fast, like zucchini. Top with the meat, and season. Dan loves Johnny's Seasoning Salt, so we will cover it with that. You could also top with BBQ sauce. Fold the foil up into a packet, completely sealing the food in. Place on the BBQ at medium heat (I'm guessing about 250-300?) for 45 minutes to an hour. Good luck, let me know if you try it and what you used.

No comments: