Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tasty Tuesdays!

Welcome back to Tasty Tuesdays! For dinner tonight we are having shredded beef sandwiches that have been in the crock pot since yesterday. Since I already shared that tip, I'll share a new recipe that I found in my Simple and Delicious magazine. I'm not a huge potato salad fan, and have never made one that I like. So for that reason, I stopped trying to make potato salad. When I found this recipe, it sounded good (and I had bacon that needed to be used). That night when we were eating it for dinner, Dan said," Wow, since when can YOU make potato salad?". He's lucky he didn't get beaten upside the head for that comment, but he was right. So if even I can make this salad, you can too!

Bacon Potato Salad

4 cups cubed red potatoes
1 cup chopped onion
7 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
2 TBsp minced fresh parsley
1 1/3 cups light mayo
3 TBsp grated Parmesan cheese
3 Tbsp prepared ranch salad dressing
2 Tbsp prepared mustard
4 tsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste

Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, bacon and parsley. In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.


Enjoy!

No comments: