Monday, December 22, 2008

Holly's Book List

I know it's a little late to be giving Christmas ideas, but hey, there are always birthdays to buy for. We love books. I love Amazon, and always have a big wish list so that I can find books quickly when I have a little change to buy some. When Nate was little we were in a book club that sent a book, craft and stickers once a month. They always sent the best books, and I am glad that it opened my eyes to the wonderful world of children's books. I will break down our favorites by age group.

For toddlers:
Clap Your Hands by Lorinda Bryan Cauley
Toes Are To Tickle by Shen Roddie and Kady MacDonald Denton
Chugga-Chugga Choo-Choo by Kevin Lewis and Daniel Kirk (great for boys who love trains!)

Preschool to Kindergarten age
Any book by Kevin Henkes, he is our favorite!
Dr. Seuss books, can't go wrong with the classics (even though I'm ready to hide those right now!)
Officer Buckle and Gloria by Peggy Rathman
The Hoppameleon by Paul Geraghty

School Age
Nate the Great series of books by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat
The Magic School Bus series from Scholastic

Happy Reading!

No comments: