Sunday, December 28, 2008

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers


Yesterday I went to Seattle with my Mom, sister Amy Jo, brother's girlfriend Jessica, and all my Aunts, female cousins, and Grandmother. It was the whole Dennison clan, minus Tiffani who is 9 months pregnant (oh and add my aunt's friend and daughter) so we had a herd of 15 of us. We all had tickets to see Seven Brides for Seven Brothers at the 5th Avenue Theater. The play was fantastic, the theater beautiful, and I think we need to make this a yearly tradition. We stayed at the Seattle Sheridan, which was very nice. My Grandma was very impressed that the "young man" at the front desk knew her name when she called down there. We did happy hour in our room before the show, and Grandma brought her ribbon sandwiches. Grandma makes these for every occasion, and it's now a family joke that we know Grandma can be counted on for ribbon sandwiches. After the show everyone was hungry, and we were turned away from restaurants who didn't want our big group. We finally ended up at Elephant and Castle, who were more than accommodating for us. We had drinks and appetizers, and had a great time. I still can't believe that Grandma stayed up past midnight....that old gal has some stamina! This morning we got up and headed to Starbucks for coffee. As we were sitting at a table outside of Starbucks, this man walks up and says, " You look like ladies that could help me. Where is the American Eagle Outfitters located?". Mom pointed left, Amy Jo pointed right, and Jessica thinking about it, pointed up. He just laughed and looked at me. I told him I had no idea. Amy Jo was right and we pointed him in the correct direction. (Good thing Mom now has a navigational system, because she is really directionally challenged). After coffee we did some shopping, then headed for home. It was a great trip, with many memories made. (Gail, step away from the reindeer sweater). I love that the Dennison ladies are a close clan that like to hang out together...... and can be counted on for ribbon sandwiches.

No comments: