Tuesday, December 16, 2008

More Dr. Seuss Stuck In My Head!

Lily is always trying to keep up with Nate. Every few days she wants me to measure her to see if she has grown as tall as Nate. She has wanted to be in Kindergarten since Nate started, and now wants homework every night like Nate. We read to her every night, and she is starting to pick up words that she can read. In class they have sight words that they memorize, and she loves to point those out when she sees them. She has always loved Dr. Seuss books, and as I've said before, I have the ABC book memorized. Last month Dan was helping her read Hop on Pop. She can now read the whole thing by herself, without any help, but some of it is memorization. So last night she picked out Green Eggs and Ham and told me she would read it. I figured she would read a few words, and I would do the rest. Oh no, little miss smarty pants read the book to me with very few words that she needed my help with. I am glad that she is excited about reading, but I know that my days of reading to her are about gone. This stage of reading takes a lot more patience too...sometimes I dreaded reading with Nate when he first started. I think I need some new Dr. Seuss books to help me get through this stage......Sam I am, I do not like green eggs and ham!

No comments: