Monday, December 8, 2008

Reflective Journey

In my Education class, we are being reflective of our journey this quarter. I thought I would look back on the quarter as a whole and see what I have learned.

  • I am capable of balancing home and school.
  • My kids are fine with going to Grandma's house once a week, and I need to get over my Mommy guilt.
  • I can't say yes to everything.
  • The world won't stop if I tell someone no.
  • Even if I feel foolish at school, my friends and family are proud of me.
  • My love of writing never went away.....although it's been in years since I have written anything but a Christmas letter.
  • Biology is humorous...who knew about the barnacle?
  • Although my Biology class was meant to explain evolution, it gave me a bigger picture of the complexities that God created.
  • I still can't draw. If you want colored drawings of sea life, ask my children.
  • I still haven't found anyone who can explain the life cycle of moss to me!
  • My house may be a disaster, but I'm capable of good grades.
  • I can master new things on the computer, like power point.
  • I need to get over my stubborn self and go to the doctor if I am really sick.
  • My Mom is wonderful (Yes, I already knew that)!
  • And most importantly, I didn't do this on my own.
  • 2 Corinthians 3:5 Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Holly! YOU have had a successful quarter! I'm sure the grades will prove it! Enjoy your time off, until the next round! As Ashley repeats all the time "With God All things are possible!!!"