Monday, November 3, 2008

Grandma's Cereal

Last week my hubby was visiting my grandparents with our daughter Lily. When walking through the garage, Lily saw a box of cereal that she likes. She told my grandma this, and of course Grandma gave her the box of cereal to take home. When they got home, we opened the box to find that it had been previously opened, and the bag inside was half gone. Knowing how my grandma doesn't throw anything away, and on many times we have found things way past their expiration date, I looked at the date on the box. Best before Oct. 2004! Not only is it 4 years past it's expiration date, we have no idea how long the bag had been open. Of course I threw the cereal away, but I did get a good laugh. Mom and the aunts, this is just another chapter in the book!

1 comment:

Love my babes said...

I went to Donnie's Nana's before she died and she served me 5 yr old graham crackers. Yum...