Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thankfulness

With Thanksgiving only a week and a day away, I thought I would start a little game called Thankfulness. From today until Thanksgiving, I will blog about something that I am thankful for. I won't tag anyone (some people get mad at you for that!) but I will encourage any other bloggers who want to play.

Today I am thankful for my ugly house. As you can tell from the previous post, my house was built in 1971, and the wallpaper and dark paneling on the walls proves it to anyone who enters. When we bought the house over 5 years ago, all I looked at was square footage and lot size. The house is over 2000 square feet, and the lot is 1/3 acre. All the other houses we looked at were newer and prettier, but I looked at size and layout. I don't know how I could have survived without the toy room. And our layout is great for entertaining, which I do with large groups. You will not find fancy things like china dishes or nice couches at my house, but you will find a place where children are welcome to play, and adults can relax with some coffee. I am thankful that my kids can be kids, and I'm not freaking out about the black paint on the carpet. Of course I dream of a beautiful house with beautiful things, but I know that stage of life will come when my kids are grown. Until then, I am thankful for what God has provided me with.

No comments: