Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Holiday Food

Erin put out a challenge to post our holiday food dishes. This may not be exciting like pumpkin pie, but this is what my extended family asks for on Thanksgiving and Easter. My Grandpa loves my breads and rolls, so much that I made a little coupon book for him and Grandma last Christmas. The coupons were for the bread of the month club. At the beginning of each month I made them a different batch of rolls or a loaf of bread. They have really enjoyed it this past year, and I may have to copy the idea again. (It's also a great way to make me go visit them once a month). I tend to make at least two batches of rolls on Thanksgiving because I have a big family that loves them. Here's my Herbed Dinner Rolls that are a hit year round.

Herbed Dinner Rolls

1 cup warm water
2 tbsp butter, softened
1 egg
3 1/4 cup better for bread flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast

Put ingredients in bread machine, in order listed. Select dough setting. When complete, turn dough onto floured surface. Divide into 24 balls, place them on greased baking sheet. Brush with melted butter. Cover, let rise 30 minutes. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes.

No comments: