Friday, November 21, 2008

Smelly Squid

I started blogging on Thankfulness and forgot about telling everyone about my lab on Wednesday. In Biology, we are studding marine invertebrates. In the lab we looked at jellyfish, slides of sponges, and dissected a squid. I was a bit leery of this, but once I saw what we were doing I was fine. It really wasn't gross, just stinky and slimy. Do you know how to tell the difference between male and female squid? The male has one tentacle without suction cups, which is used to fertilize a female. Now you know. Oh, and then yesterday in class, we were told that the barnacle has the largest penis to body ratio of any animal. I don't think that would ever be a Jeopardy question. Wow, I never thought that Biology would end up like this. Next week, we are going on a field trip to the beach, at night, in the dark. Details will follow.

No comments: